Are you looking to make a difference, looking for a new challenge or to enhance your CV? Would you like to be able to volunteer where and when suits you? If so, there may be an opportunity for you at Health Action Campaign.
Why volunteer with us
- The chance to help make a real difference to health here in the UK.
- A genuine challenge - how can we reverse the rise in avoidable physical and mental illness?
- An opportunity to enhance your CV.
- Volunteer from wherever is convenient for you, whenever suits you - while having the opportunity to meet other team members at meetings in central London.
We’re a virtual voluntary organisation. So, we don’t need to spend large amounts of time fundraising to cover our overheads. We can commit all of our time and expertise to achieving our charitable objectives. This also means our volunteers have the opportunity to take on roles which are more interesting than is often the case in other organisations.
We’ve found that modern technology, volunteer skills, commitment and creativity mean we can operate effectively without needing to constantly fundraise.
How you can help
- As a research team member, exploring how to reduce the risk of different types of physical or mental illness.
- As a member of our social media team, finding and sharing material for our health posts – and following us on Twitter.
- As a blogger, influencer or campaigner.
- As an adviser: for example, as a Campaigns Adviser, Health Promotion Adviser or Social Media Adviser.
- As an Editor or Associate Editor, for our website or social media accounts.
- As a project manager or administrator.
Do any of these opportunities interest you? If so and you have relevant qualifications, experience and skills we look forward to hearing from you – at email@example.com
We’re an entirely voluntary organisation, with very few 'overheads' to cover. So the money we receive from you can go straight to help us research and campaign to reduce preventable illness.
Find out how to make a Gift Aided donation.
Work with us, as a partner organisation
We are strong believers in partnership working to improve public health. So, we welcome expressions of interest:
- From not for profit organisations committed to campaigning to improving public health, who would like to explore the potential for working together on specific campaigns.
- From universities and think tanks who see potential in working with us on research projects - in particular, in 2022/2023, research into student mental health.
- From organisations able and willing to provide pro bono support – such as venues for meetings or specialist volunteers for discrete projects such as graphic design, web design and copywriting.
We look forward to hearing from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Action Campaign is a not for profit limited company
- number 10753014, recognised as a charity by HMRC
Registered office: Dalton House, 60 Windsor Avenue, London, SW19 2RR